U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: mounting issues

Re: mounting issues

This might be what you are looking for, the focus is on watercolors but obviously it would work for gums or most print media. There is also a PDF available for download.
http://www.frametek.com/HTML/Articles/Float_Mounting.html

Here is another link for making a simple hinge mount.
http://www.artbistro.com/training/articles/300-proper-use-of-linen-and-paper-hinging-tape

Both of the above links are provided by retailers/wholesalers but the information still seems useful.

Good luck. -t

john@johnbrewerphotography.com wrote:
Hi list members

I want to mount an image showing all borders of the paper the image is on within a matt. I don't really want to use archival corners as they will show. Would gum, (as in gum used in gum printing), be acceptable as an adhesive without archival problems?

Thanks,

John.

www.johnbrewerphotography.com