U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pinters might be OT

Re: Pinters might be OT

Hey Sam,

I did use the recent transparency material that Don had suggested. I don't know if they're labeled ultra-thin or not, but they sure seemed a lot thinner than what I'd been using. And I did have trouble getting it to feed, so I just went back to the other transparencies I was using. I haven't tried those again, but I probably should. I expect if I fed it through with a support of some type, it would probably work. Not sure, though. ?

Oh, the other positive of the 3800 that I really like, too, is that it prints larger but doesn't require a whole room (or house) of its own. I have a friend who had one of those big ones (9600?)-- or whatever-- that prints mural size. She eventually sold it, but it was a definite presence.

And-- yes to the print sale! Congratulations to you, too. What a boon for somebody to come by, look through a slew of your work, and just start picking out this one and that one and, before you know it, they're asking for a bulk rate. :) I could really get into that on a regular basis-- for sure.

Diana