U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pinters might be OT

Re: Pinters might be OT

Diana,

I agree with you and Don about the Epson 3800 being the one. It prints great, especially in the Advanced Black and White mode. I really like the way both photo black and matte black inks are ready to use at all times. That's one feature I wish my 9880 had. Otherwise the 3800 and 9880 print exactly the same. The latter can handle role paper and much wider. Controls and quality of print are the same with both.

Also, these printers have ethernet ports. Just plug an ethernet cable in the back and you can print from anywhere in the house. Very handy.

I have not, however, tried printing on the thinner Ultrafine transparency material. Have you Diana? I think the 9880 might handle it better because of the suction, but cannot say for sure till I actually try printing on it.

Congratulations on the print sale! I also sold a bunch recently. Nice to be able to buy some expensive toys.

Sam