U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum printing technique

Re: Gum printing technique

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Gum printing technique
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:48:53 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;bh=4tcKl6oiqv5omDmFAr2W7inYVeBhaluRLFTFNmfsC5E=;b=aU34wGUsYtqXRAJM9K+FnlVUdazPf9SizdiBmKdqJnfxWO1VaqPC/gxwcEKmAEwkuJG5yqbiUOxsWEskr876o+2VTqsRVnnWfHUjvtZSwlDr9PFxjtrSZB4MLvgJryBMQZ3kPU6f0MknnWU3zLQkIMwr19rEOGIg8ySQvbSgRZs=

I'm curious as to what people find to be sloppy.  He clearly does
measure his components, and the speed at which he works is a result of
the scale of his print.

I can't wear gloves during the coating process.  I tried it a long
time ago, but found it to be very awkward.  After handling gallons of
dichromates during my years, I think I've had to wash it off my skin
twice.  There's something to be said for just being careful.  But
then, I don't eat with a bib, either.

As for the lights, I could be wrong but I figure they were raised up
in order to make the video.