U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: archivalness of gum

Re: archivalness of gum

On Dec 21, 2007, at 9:32 AM, BOB KISS wrote:

DEAR KATHERINE,
Which is what I asked in my posting three hours ago...has anyone
determined that the ghost image is, indeed, pt/pd metal? I found the same
ghosting on a BACKING board with silver-gelatin prints.

    Jury still out?
I'd say so, unless there's research out there we don't know about. Short of that, it's all speculation. I'm inclined toward Marek's theory at the moment for the platinum ghosting, but I'm not sure it would explain the migration of your silver image. Cheers,

kt