From: Katharine Thayer [mailto:kthayer@pacifier.com]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 12:09 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: archivalness of gum

Well, now that I've read the article, (thanks, John!)  I see that
(assuming the author is knowledgeable on the subject) no one has
actually tested to see whether the transfer constitutes a transfer of
platinum metal to the facing paper or not.  And the fact the
transferred image can appear on the back side of the print as well as
on a facing paper also seems to suggest that it's not a transfer of
metal from the surface of the print that's causing the ghost image.
So it looks like my analogy isn't apt.
kt

http://www.eset.com