Date : 12/29/07 14:19:39
Sujet : Re: gum mixes

Kees,
I thought for a moment the list was dead--no posts at all until yours for
days!

You all made me decide to track down some lumps and try it.  Henry gave me a
source for Kordofan in GB which not only has that, but other historic
pigments and substances--very cool place.

I've always used powder and whipped it up in the blender.

Hey, here's a fun recipe from a patent--a powdered sensitized formula by a
Joseph Sury from 1908; just mix n' go:

A dry mix of 20 parts gum, 1 part sugar, 4 parts pot bi, 20 parts pigment,
this powder is dissolved in 2x its weight of water at time of use to form a
sensitizing liquid.

Chris