From: Christina Z. Anderson [mailto:zphoto@montana.net]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 12:41 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: math question verrrrrry off topic

LOLOL you two are cards...

Thanks to all the math answers.  I guess it is way more complex than I had
anticipated.  I was just seeking a random odds thingy (what is the chance of

out of 600 objects if 150 are chosen, 3 being chosen) but if I ask for that
simple formula (is it 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4?) then my statistics would actually
lie, and support the old adage that you can get statistics to support about
anything (e.g. I remember hearing way back when that having a colored toilet

determined if you were going to get cancer or not).
Chris

From: "Barry Kleider" <bkleider@sihope.com>

http://www.eset.com