U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Mac OS X Leopard (Re: new problem)

Re: Mac OS X Leopard (Re: new problem)

While time machine is slick, there are other backup programs out there so don't let the marketing mavens at either Mac or MS force you down an upgrade path.

Backup is mature field that has been given new energy with all the cheap disk space that is now available. If all you need is backup there is no reason to upgrade your Operating System check out https://mozy.com/home Mozy is an EMC company (same people who own VMWare). I have no affiliation with them but they can backup PC or Mac for about $5 a month with no limit on storage.Plus it's offsite which makes it far better in the event of a catastrophe like a fire, flooding, etc.

Of course if storage is cheap, people will store more, which means there be need to be more backup, therefore more storage.....

Good luck everyone with your Mac travails. -t

Diana Bloomfield wrote:
Judy,

I should add, Leopard also has other great promises/features-- but the immediate, biggest draw was the hourly back-up (for me).