U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: First steps into tri-colour gum

Re: First steps into tri-colour gum

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: First steps into tri-colour gum
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 15:23:30 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;bh=mQ9ubmTifC9zUzxEyr1oXyP5g1vnbT/6w7hY+1y6JG0=;b=XQe4Ai4663kvDMHSHBvGOH62a31sGRuY+7AK71vIZ0avRfUOCrV5AMOC+tyAVCom7m7/N1dVpcSE/Lwz3nMM7wX9HPAyHorARyAifveFk5i3EEimNC5Nk1XPKKAw/ws9EBJ4E3acodvQ/ipogTKODHZ2ZxnHlur0vaHtxAVLhwE=

I think her "Old Masters Pallete" is where I snagged the idea.  The
siennas (especially Raw) are not as transparent as the Umbers.
Looking at a blob of raw umber pigment out of the tube, you wouldn't
immediately conclude that you are dealing with yellow, but thin it
down a bit and it is.  When I started working with dry pigments (and
couldn't find a dry Paynes)  I found that adding a very small pinch of
blue to Ivory Black was an acceptable substitute.