U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: possible answer to archivalness comparison between carbon gum andp

Re: possible answer to archivalness comparison between carbon gum andpt/pd

Shadow values of 2mm above the substrate is awfully high. I have never seen a carbon print with anywhere near that much relief. My own prints, even with my high relief tissue, tend to have no more than about .2mm of shadow relief over the substrate. But even this amount can be rather spectacular on some substrates.

The B&S commercial carbon tissue is not very thick. It is hard to measure the exact value but I would estimate that shadow value over substrate is about 0.04mm.

Sandy King