From: "Kees Brandenburg" <ctb@zeelandnet.nl>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: curves and gum and Christopher James book

(boyscouts, yippy,yippy, yé)

first try to find the (aproximate) exposure time to get maximum black
for your printing technique through your printing substrate
then  find the right blocking colour to get white by using either RNP
array or PDN or using Quad Tone Rip en try different inkdensities (Ron
Reeder method)

Run charthtrob

Chartthrob samples the centre part of each patch of the101 step
grayscale and blurs it to get an average value and then compares it
with the input values to get a correction curve. This is the curve you
have to apply to your  positive, and then invert it and print it

ready, go, print!

-k

http://www.inkjetnegative.com/images/RNP/quick_guide_to_making_digital_ne.ht

>> kees
>>
>>> Here is an idea of the kind of tool most computer nerds like me
>>> would
>>> consider hitech. Let's say we have determined the exposure time at
>>> another
>>> stage. One would make a single test print (1) and make a scan of it,