U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: HP D7260 printer opinions?

Re: HP D7260 printer opinions?

Thank you for the advice. I am still seeing advice on a printer for photo-alt that doesn't cost the earth. Hellena
----- Original Message ----- From: "ryberg" <cryberg@comcast.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: HP D7260 printer opinions?

Hellena--NO!!! The R1800 can be made to work with diginegs, but the inks I used were just marginally UV blockers. The OEM inks were not much, if any, better but were a LOT more expensive. The R1800 did, however, make color photos that are impressive, even with my cheap inks.
For negs I had to desaturate the images--obviously giving me black and white--and use the highest ink setting (RPM, whatever that stands for). No color blocked UV enought to get paper white. If alt printing is your main goal, stick to another printer.

Charles Portland OR
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hellena Cleary" <hellena@hncleary.myzen.co.uk>