U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: SPE and alt update

Re: SPE and alt update

I'm not really sure how she is exhibiting the ultra large versions. I curated a show for the Houston Center for Photography about two years ago, and we used 4 of her prints in the show. But they were just 'small' 16x20's at the time, and we just used a backer board, plexi and L-hooks to show them. Since they were being shipped internationally, the cost for shipping fully framed work was outrageous. So we improvised.

We also exhibited some fairly large 22x30 platinum prints from Stan Klimek in the same show, and I rigged up this armature affair made from angle-iron and strapping and suspended the prints in the armature using very strong thread. I thought it looked pretty cool and we got a lot of favorable feedback. I'll send you a jpeg of this offlist so you can see it. This solution ended up being very economical and had that ad-hoc feel that really worked with the imagery.

Clay