U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: SPE and alt update

Re: SPE and alt update

Jack, I have been calling one copper plate photogravure and the other polymer plate photogravure. If this is not correct, I would be happy to hear what terms should be used.

Mark Nelson
PDNPrint Forum @ Yahoo Groups
From my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Jack Brubaker <jack@jackbrubaker.com> wrote:

  What's wrong
with calling them "photo gravures"?
The craft of making copper photo gravure plates is more complex and
offers many more ways of manipulating the image. It is an
accomplishment to make a good copper image. Anyone who has mastered
the copper process would want to keep the historical term "photo
gravure" for their work and not see a new process that relies on a
manufactured plate that streamlines the process claim the same name.