U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: A few gum things

Re: A few gum things

I've tried it and it works fine, but in my case I am trying to reduce
dichromates, so I choose glut as my primary pollutant in place of
another dichromate step.

Until my recent discovery of Masa, I had use gesso for over eight
years.  Gesso on paper (old prints_. gesso on wood, on tap paper, and
primarily on aluminum.  I find that bottled artist's gesso using
acrylic did not have enough tooth and gum.  Some stuff that came from
Canada (forgot the name - white containers with red lettering) worked
OK, but that the best results were to be had with using the "old
formula" gesso: home made with rabbit skin glue.