U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: glyoxal v. formaldehyde

Re: glyoxal v. formaldehyde

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

Apparently this era is nicknamed the
prescription med era and there was some news program talking about all those meds in our water supply!!!! All those meds messing with our brain chemistry scares the heck out of me.
I read in the Times yesterday that they're finding hermaphrodite frogs in THE SUBURBS, because of they assume the birth control estoigens among other subsctances...

One last thing about toxicity. I think a while ago I told you all I was banned from teaching mordancage at my university because it released toxic chlorine gas potentially. I called the former head of Risk and Safety who now has some bigwig job with insurance companies (some kind man gave me his cell phone number) and he 100% said that the way it was mixed and the dilutions used there was no risk. But now I have to teach it at my house outside every fall with a disclaimer signed by the students, and voluntary attendance.
Talk about straining at a gnat & swallowing a camel ! These kids are probably sitting all day next to diesel buses idling their motors, doing athletics near heavy traffic (which the American Lung Association says is ESPECIALLY dangerous for children, as they get the worst hit from the small particulate matter), drinking and driving day & night, smoking because it's so cool, not to mention skateboarding upside down and backwards, doing sex without condoms and with who knows whom... and the school won't let them mix 10 cc or whatever of cleaning fluid with jello.

(Which anyway proves the Bible is true to life, in case you didn't know that.)

J.