U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ironing gum prints and other musings

Re: ironing gum prints and other musings

Chris wrote...
>  BTW I look at your beautiful candleabras every day; they are sitting on my
> window sill right by my desk! That is what is so neat about art--the artist
> is attached. So you have little bits and pieces of you spread all over the
> country I'm sure!

Thanks Chris. I was just in New Orleans for the Jazz Fest selling
candleholders. I had a half dozen couples come up an tell me about
having lost their homes to Katrina. They lost nearly everything but
told of finding their candleholders in the slime and were so glad
something dear to them could survive the ravages. It is a special
pleasure to find that people have made a bond to the objects I make.

Jack