U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: I'm back! Hi to all + Silane?

Re: I'm back! Hi to all + Silane?

Hi Katharine,

I found your correspondence with Martin Mueller here:
http://www.usask.ca/lists/alt-photo-process/2005/mar05/0088.htm

I will do few things different:
First, the sources I could find about glass silanization (mostly medical,
about preparing glass or mica dishes for culture growing ect., looking for
better adhesion of organic molecules onto the glass) say one should
*rinse* the glass after a *timed* dip into the solution. Second, I will
put a hardened gelatin *subbing* layer between cyanotype/gum layer and
silanized glass. I saw no evidence that you did these in your description
(probably because Martin hadn't mentioned).

I feel more positive about cyanotype, I have doubts about gum (since even
silanized and primed with gelatin, the glass will have very little tooth -
it any - for gum). We'll see if I ever manage to try this in a couple of
weeks.

15 Haziran 2008, Pazar, 11:49 pm tarihinde, Katharine Thayer yazmış: