U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | I'm back! Hi to all + Silane?

I'm back! Hi to all + Silane?

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: I'm back! Hi to all + Silane?
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:46:09 +0300 (EEST)

Hi to all,

I'm (finally) back home after 6 months of military service.

As you can easily understand, I'm craving for taking photographs and
making alt prints. My current priority is working with glass; during
summer, I want to make cyanotypes and gum prints on glass.

Browsing the internet, I came across with compounds with the generic name
"silane". What I understand is that silane compounds can be used as
intermediate material, to help alt process emulsions (or gelatin primers)
adhering to glass.

Is there anyone using silane for such purposes? What is your procedure?

(My plan is to silanize the glass - which is a self-assembly process as I
understand it - then coat it with hardened gelatine and then put the alt
process emulsion on top of this sandwitch...)

What are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Loris.

P.S. I'm very happy for being around again!