U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: I'm back! Hi to all

Re: I'm back! Hi to all

Hi Judy,

Thanks for suggesting Galina. Indeed she's the expert. I contacted hew few
years ago (on the subject) and she helped me a lot. Her method (as I know
it) is to coat glass 2 or 3 times with hardened gelatin, then dilute the
sensitizer 1:1 with unhardened gelatin as the final coat. I will
definitely try to dilute double strength sensitizer with gelatin (so that
I don't loose dmax) but coating glass 2-3 times before the sensitizer
doesn't appeal to me. If I can do it differently (with less steps) I will
go for that. If I can't than I wil try her way :)

You're right, Tempera Print (or was it Phototempera? or Fredricktype?) is
another suitable process for working on glass since egg sticks to glass
(and other slick substrates) like crazy. But I don't think can get as
transparent results as gum + I don't like the odor (should I say stink?)
of exposed dichromated egg yolks. :)

You're right again, time indeed goes slow in the army.

18 Haziran 2008, Çarşamba, 11:28 pm tarihinde, Judy Seigel yazmış: