U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Attachments

Re: Attachments

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Bogdan Karasek wrote:

Hi Marek,

The reason that attachements are not allowed on most lists (there other camera lists I belong to don't allow them) is that attachements are very convenient carriers of viriuses, or should that be "virii"?
Even aside from the virus issues, some of us prefer to give our all to antique processes. Being merely super-human ourselves, we have limited resources remaining for modern tech. For example, I do e-mail in Pine on a Unix shell, which doesn't take attachments. If something seems crucial I can usually forward it to another server that will take attachments, but.... it's definitely a PITA. So an attachment should be (or seem to be) really important... not just a routine scan of something inconsequenstial, or a "recent print", as is usually the case.

Also, I think someone mentioned the strain it puts on the facilities of our host in USASK... if everyone, or even several folks did that, and then the attachment gets included in the replies.... then in the replies to the replies, etc.... they might decide to kick us out !

J.