U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: bichromate gum

Re: bichromate gum

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

This is why I just LOVE you on the list, Loris. Because it is "thought" that sodium was much faster due to its solubility, but in step wedges I found it to be more like pot di in speed. So your science confirms that.
Chris

Not my experience ! Maybe it was the air in my studio or a damp day, or maybe I counted wrong, but my tests with the na di showed it was "faster" or at least stronger... That was back practically before the beginning
of time, so not sure I could relocate the strips-- not sure it matters either, but for the record, not so sure...

Judy