U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | blurb

blurb

Hi Sam,

Nancy and Eric came through Raleigh recently, and they had a few books with them, done through Blurb.com, including one large hard cover, so I had a chance to see them. These books were exceptionally well done, I thought, especially the hard cover (don't know if they used different paper on that one or not, but the hard cover seemed to have the best reproduction), but both hard and soft covers had very nice reproductions. I was impressed. I've not seen that many books done on lulu.com, but from what I have seen, I thought blurb was much more impressive. I'm working on doing one (maybe two . . . three . . .) now. They suggested the best way to do it is to order one, and when you get it back, make any necessary changes/corrections/edits, resubmit, and then order the amount you really want. Cost-wise, that seems to be very manageable, too. I think it's a great way to have your work saved and presentable. I had looked at lulu.com, and for me, I blurb has been much easier to use-- but maybe that's just me.

Diana