U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Eliminating CaCO3 in buffer in "achival" watercolor papers

Re: Eliminating CaCO3 in buffer in "achival" watercolor papers

Loris wrote:

Merci Etienne. I will go with acetic acid first, will keep that in mind.
Have you used this method with Fabriano Artistico (old version / new Trad.
White)?
No, the only Fabriano paper I have used is the hot press Uno (now known as Artistico Extra White Stationary). It works fine with my methods.

I do not think acetic acid will be effective with the tiny metal flakes that create the dreaded spots, but if you aren't having that problem (it comes and goes from lot to lot for many papers, and manufacturers don't seem to care much about it because photo printmakers are very much minority customers for fine art paper), that won't matter in your application.

Best regards,

etienne