U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Eliminating CaCO3 in buffer in "achival" watercolor papers

Re: Eliminating CaCO3 in buffer in "achival" watercolor papers

You're right, my (maybe wrong) point was that: since acetic acid is a
milder acid compared to HCl, it would do less harm to the paper,
acutely... As far as I can read, acetic acid is the main cause of paper
deterioration, so it has to be thoroughly washed out of paper when done.

I don't have the dreaded black / brown spots (had them once, but I was
using a cheap rusty brush -> it wasn't because of paper...) but maybe it's
better to eliminate the possibility altogether.

13 Ağustos 2008, Çarşamba, 8:19 pm tarihinde, etienne garbaux yazmış: