To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: gum preservatves

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Erie Patsellis wrote:

Judy,
Varn (a supplier to the printing industry) still makes 14 baume Gum Arabic, it's used as a desensitizer on printing presses with chrome cylinders (keeps the ink from adhering beyond the area of the printing plate). Any offset printing supplier can get it for you.

erie

Actually, I've had Varn gum, may still have some in the darkness under my sink. If memory serves it was OK, but not the fave... Tho maybe if I still have it it's improved with age, or could be different today from what it was then... Aanyway, I'll check...

J.