U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pigments for neutral color balance in gum: (Re: Fish Eyes again)

Re: Pigments for neutral color balance in gum: (Re: Fish Eyes again)

Thanks Yves, I do RGB separations -> the algorithms and programs you
mention are for CMYK (if I'm not mistaking), therefore useless to me. I
don't want a perfectly color-correct result, just a convincing
approximation + more neutral blacks that's all (since being consistent is
almost impossible because I mix the color for each layer by hand, w/o
using stock gum/pigment solutions). On the other hand, I think one can
build a custom CMYK profile (measuring each primary color and the
combinations with a spectophotometer) for proofing and manipulate the
color balance on screen in order to get the desired result <- (probably!?)
but this isn't what I want to do.

18 Eylül 2008, Perşembe, 2:19 pm tarihinde, Yves Gauvreau yazmış: