U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: lith film

Re: lith film

Judy Seigel wrote:

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Richard Knoppow wrote:

The most common anti-fog agents are potassium or sodium bromide and benzotriazole. The effectiveness of both varies with the pH of the developer. Benzotriazole is supposed to have less effect on film speed for a given amount of fog suppression.
Yes, I practically remember them now, thank you. But not to lose my original point, which is that lith film, originally high contrast (to make good dots for halftones in commercial repro) and therefore difficult to develop as continuous tone, loses contrast as it ages, therefore, in my experience and general agreement, OLDER works better for our purposes.

J.

And thankfully, I have some 1000 or so sheets of 16x20 just getting about right...

erie