U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: oil printing

Re: oil printing

Hahaha, that's the way of the list, to quibble over trivialities. Okay, I didn't bother to look it up (I was thinking 1899-1906, but I guess he started earlier, though he didn't perfect his technique til 1899) at any rate, the number of years Demachy printed gum is immaterial; the salient point was that Demachy became a prominent oil printer after he quit gum printing.
Katharine