U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Mordançage

Re: Mordançage

Andy asked:

Is the reason that mordançage does it's thing on blacks is because of the dense build up of silver? If so, then my reasoning that it may work (or may not work, for that matter) is that the silver still has a build up in the emulsion where the plants were not on the paper. But then again, the prints aren't being developed...but does that matter?

Well, Andy, may you be the discoverer of something new!  Mordancage works proportionately on where there is the most silver, but whether that silver has to be reduced by development or just "exist" as is, I have no idea.  Please let us know what you find out.  I am going to predict it will not work but I would LOVE it if I am wrong.
Chris