U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Frame color for cyanotype

Re: Frame color for cyanotype

Yes, that's definitely part of it, but I also think black tends to pull color away from (ie, sucks the life right out of) whatever it surrounds.  (One of the reasons why wearing all black can often be tricky, at best-- tending to make people look wan.)  Of course, based on what I see out there in the gallery/museum world, I'm obviously in the minority in my distaste for black frames.  :)   I understand why those who are putting together juried shows want that, but why anybody would willingly choose black frames outside that venue, is beyond me.  Looking around Jerry's Artarama, though, they seem to be plentiful and certainly cheap(er).

Diana