U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Weston Diploma Parchment

Re: Weston Diploma Parchment

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Weston Diploma Parchment
  • From: Jon Reid <jon@sharperstill.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:24:09 +1100
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=WdcstN3svdPFrE0/twjA0Yt1OUtOjNfe6HaZ5352nXY=;b=dDvU6c63KZQQWeJW+hZhkuxiQt+NycLemj5sMQGnDWb4zTQ+K+G+703k2XQm7tz9H0g2b2CH96fyY0iNe7rGIgqOGgxaj+LYrmhOjr2SEyXiZ/paYwn4DDyRvnR24PCZa1q4xD7ljpGEXl8QD1IpEsnmRPZuIS2bju/gcOgYODo=
  • Sender: sharperstill@gmail.com

I didn't find the paper too difficult to handle when wet. I used worse
certainly. What I did discover was that it buckled more during
coating, which led to some sharpness problems in my printing frame. I
may have to modify my frame somewhat.

I also noticed that some of the colour seemed to 'wash out' during the
first clear. I'll post some pics later from my home comp. I also have
trouble finding the 'front' of the paper and realise that more care is
required in coating to not disrupt the surface.

From my email this morning the gentleman at Butler-Dearden was
offering samples (not sure if it will apply to me in Australia) once
he has inventory of the stock. Anyone care to comment on the
differences of opinion between Melody at B+S and the new paper's
proponent?

Jon

--
http:www.sharperstill.com