U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ferric oxalate

Re: ferric oxalate

Diana,

It is pretty easy to mix up your own potassium oxalate developer from combining oxalic acid, potassium carbonate and water. Here is a cut and pasted recipe from Carl Weese:

2 lbs of Pot Carb with 1.75 lbs oxalic acid to make 1 gallon of water. 1 lbs = 457
g and 1 gallon = 3.8 l ( top of my head but close enough as it is just POT
OX).

Mix you Pot Card into cool distilled water; about 1/2 your total volume.
SLOWLY add your Ox Acid as it WILL BUBBLE!!!!. Add to completion and top
off with water to make final volume.
Clay