From: Dan Burkholder [mailto:fdanb@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:40 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: ferric oxalate

Hey Brian,

I had the same experience at a workshop this summer. I'd listed
Bostick and Sullivan on my materials list but Anderson Ranch purchased
the Ferric Oxalate from another source. When we tried to mix it with
distilled H2O, the powder formed incredibly hard, granite-like clumps
that were impossible to dissolve, even if you crushed the clumps via
mortar and pestle. Fortunately FedEx (and Bostick and Sullivan) saved
the day with a fresh batch of Ferric that arrived the next morning.

That's the first time in 24 years that I've run into that behavior but
it sure shows that things can screw up in the Ferric formulation stage.

Dan

info@DanBurkholder.com
www.DanBurkholder.com