U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ferric oxalate

Re: ferric oxalate

I had the same experience at a workshop this summer. I'd listed Bostick and Sullivan on my materials list but Anderson Ranch purchased the Ferric Oxalate from another source. When we tried to mix it with distilled H2O, the powder formed incredibly hard, granite-like clumps that were impossible to dissolve, even if you crushed the clumps via mortar and pestle.
Are you sure it were not ferrOUS oxalate, a yellowish powder instead of green crystals? I have never found ferric oxalate sold by the main chemistry suppliers.
Alberto