From: Paul Viapiano [mailto:viapiano@pacbell.net]
Sent: 13 November 2008 20:55
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: fabriano artistico EW

Thanks, John...

That's what I have...

In my travels with argyrotypes, I'm finding that whether I acidify or add a
surfactant, humidify, etc, whenever I have a large area of dark values (near

IDmin, say a black background on a still life), it's very tough to get a
smooth dark without it being a bit hazy, chalky or whatever.

Is this just something that is endemic to some of these processes?

Thanks

Paul