U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum and Photogravure, was: varnishes

Re: Gum and Photogravure, was: varnishes

Hello Jon,

What you wrote below, I don't understand (probably because of my ignorance
about photogravure). What measure is taken in photogravure, to prevent oil
sinking to the paper (acid free or not)? I remember someone mentioning the
darkening of the backside of paper in the darkest parts (= most ink) of
the photogravure image on the front -> isn't that the same phenomenon one
experiences when oil painting on unsealed paper?

16 Kasım 2008, Pazar, 2:34 am tarihinde, Jon Lybrook yazmış: