U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: lith printing and golfball grain

Re: lith printing and golfball grain

Don't tempt me, Terry. I was down there with you that once and felt it was a pretty sweet town, one of those that is going to be "discovered" if not already, and inundated with people moving there....Anytime a town makes it as a "Top 10 Places to Live In" you have to start worrying. Right now it is 10 below zero outside.

So three of the students I have emailed back and forth with used about 2-3 stops over exposure. I've cut and pasted a visual of some of their images to try and show online the side by side comparison of Arista vs. Bergger and Kentmere. I don't really know if it can be seen online, but to get an idea, the Bergger and Kentmere paper at the bottom of the cut and paste are plenty grainy, but in comparison with the Arista they look smooth in my example. Hope the example helps to show what I am talking about.

http://christinaanderson.visualserver.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=2448

Richard, yes I have both Tim's books. Wish I could have taken his workshop when he came here last summer. I wish I had the books with me now to read about grain. I belong to his mailing list, and he is kind enough to email a big info sheet when manufacturers change their papers/chemistry. Which lately has been often.
Chris
__________________

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/
----- Original Message ----- From: "terry lindquist" <tsll@localnet.com>
Chris:
...any time you want to "warm-up..." come on down...last Wednesday it was 76 degrees...lunch outside on the
front porch...it cooled to the low 60's today but is going back up again in a couple of days.
.....and people ask why I moved from living(?) on Lake Erie to Daphne!
...anyway...
terry