U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Printing gum with little pigment

Re: Printing gum with little pigment

Correction:

On Jan 17, 2009, at 11:08 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

Hi Marek again,
No, I wouldn't say that you see more dichromate stain on the less pigmented gums because there is less pigment for the stain to show through, because you see the dichromate stain even on areas where there's no pigment. I would say it's a function of the less pigmented mixes needing less exposure than the more pigmented mixes, so the less pigmented mixes showed more dichromate stain (as a function of superfluous *development*
that last word should be "exposure" of course. Not quite awake yet this morning, I guess.

after the same exposure, although that dichromate stain seems to be eliminated with longer development.