U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: color printing for dummies

Re: color printing for dummies

Hi,

I missed the original post, but saw these responses.  I can't believe you didn't find anything searching the Internet.

I agree with both Jack and Jim here.  Sam Wang also has a great tutorial on Malin's Alternative Photography  site and also on Unblinking Eye, both of which I found really helpful.  As I remember, Clay Harmon has something on Unblinking Eye as well, but that may be specific to gum over platinum-- but also helpful.  And I can't remember which PF Journal this is in, but Judy has a very detailed step-by-step in there,  complete with illustrations, so I'd purchase a copy of that as well.  And, really, just purchase the whole set.  (That PF set, my dog, and my negatives--not necessarily in that order--are the three things I'd run out with if the house caught fire.)  Katharine's website is really helpful as well.  Of course, I bugged everybody I know on this list (and off the list) about gum, and they were all really generous in helping me and sharing what they know-- including Katharine, Chris, and Jim.  (Glad to see you on this list now, Jim!).  I'm still struggling along here with my gum efforts, but I love the process itself, and certainly makes photographing/printing so much more interesting.

Diana