U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Wood panel preparation (Keith?)

Re: Wood panel preparation (Keith?)

The letter designation is not that much important to me since the wood
will be covered with considerable amnt. of ground - knots and such will
not show. What is actually important is the resin and glue they use to
bring the veneers together. The stock I ordered uses E1 grade
phenol-formaldehyde resin/glue, and this one keeps its properties even at
100C boiling water.

Yes I also was considering to seal the edges with polyurethane or epoxy.
Thanks for mentioning.

I didn't opt for MDF right because of weight. The stock I ordered is
675kg/m3, which means each 13x17" panel will weight about 2 pounds. How
that compares to MDF?

25 Şubat 2009, Çarşamba, 12:40 am tarihinde, Keith Gerling yazmış: