U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Keith's gum prints on wood panels

Re: Keith's gum prints on wood panels

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Keith's gum prints on wood panels
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:30:50 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding;bh=dZKMVRrZxvdKlrkia2BY+9QNt3tA8UNcZ0ARLh7zd6A=;b=P5AvgU4Z0+GywFb4Z+0STang/FwX5iBkO0JbcUlk1SVI5kXt047NsFYoNuv2qCAu5Y8VFjtmUYwwCs4BHL1qlfmxaOZO9P9P9GmuaraCWmUq6SoAjdLM0G/FnSKTu3aUFePzAdI8wTBqmvha3R74c8+8F44lFUiQEvTjwZzm4Dk=

Thanks Katherine!

Yes, the work looks very nice displayed without any frame and it is a
major load off of my mind that I don't have to hassle with all of
those post-printing tasks.  Also, I find that the works tend to play
off of each other very nicely when hung closely together in groupings.

I loved working with Masa, but as I had problems with putting on many
layers, I had to depend heavily upon a base coat of cyanotype to give
the prints density.  Switching to wood has given me the freedom to use
other blue pigments, or to omit the blue altogether.

I appreciate your comments regarding how the portfolio appears
coherent and integrated.  This is timely commentary, because recently
I have begun printing many of these works - color and monochome - as
three-color gums all with the same pallette.  THIS is on the advise of
others who think it ought to look MORE even!