U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Keith's gum prints on wood panels

Re: Keith's gum prints on wood panels

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Keith's gum prints on wood panels
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:40:03 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding;bh=cfMAfepCf38bAUz6KGTVsPECYbiuqdmIkeWLrxtfdjc=;b=tKbP0gH96g8KUPFjo2jPUX5FB3gkX2UR1/YzvtFixPgYRPQmdYDjDR7TDnYerCUtS8e4m8TQmCyPlsSaYME+DiaCQjeKM5isN856DJv8e8xZOK7FKW1mGY6xhg0CGW0lDZ7ej2b5GnQ7zoRBhW37ql6ylrAyLFVBBwfwOVOE8gc=

Thanks Diana,

I absolutely love the cracked and aged works.  They look like chunks
of ancient frescos that have been chipped out of the wall.  It is very
difficult to obtain consistency in using that approach, and to be
honest with you, I have concerns about longevity.  I'm afraid the
print will be bumped and the entire print will crack and fall off of
the wood.  I feel much safer using the later approach recently
discussed here on marine plywood.

Keith