U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Displaying alt prints

Re: Displaying alt prints

Katherine,

I am glad that my little experiment done years ago eliminated a lot of hassle and has evoked interest on our list.

Q 1. The Masa was pre-mounted on acetate supports before taking it through numerous cyano/gum passes.
NOTHING is glued on to the prepared metal sheets.

Q 2. All prints are matted and held on to the metal sheets with magnets. Initially, the prints were shown through the protective clear plastic bags; with Masa prints, I thought I would expose the beautiful surface which which gelatinizing provided for all to appreciate. And they did!

The lip on one edge of the metal sheet is bent back more than 90 degrees (closer to 120 degrees) to ensure that it will sit firmly on the nails. Yes, the upper hangs ~1" from the wall, the lower edge rests against it.

I hope this clarifies, if not, I will be happy to elaborate.

Rajul