U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: agar sizing

Re: agar sizing

Hi Alberto (and Damiano), very interesting indeed. What about preserving
the layer? Isn't agar-agar used to grow bacteria in glass dishes? (In
laboratories.) Is it durable as hardened gelatin? (Probably gelatin also
is vulnerable in humid conditions???) If it's durable then I would prefer
it to gelatin because it leaves formalin and such out of the procedure. I
can't say I like formalin much!

Damiano, I don't think you need "proper jelly" in the paper -> something
which makes the fibers less absorbent / less vulnerable to disintegration
would be fine.

16 Mart 2009, Pazartesi, 4:20 pm tarihinde, Damiano Bianca yazmış: