U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Thanks Katharine... if some overpowering force wills it, I may get to that gallery, but we Villagers think if we go above 14th Street we get nosebleeds. However, some years ago I did see a couple of Steichen gum prints in a show uptown & they were indeed beautiful.... (compared to which his fashion prints seemed relatively ordinary).

However, on the topic of those "Moon Over Mamaroneck" AND the Flatiron building prints (tho one or more of them could be Stieglitz & I'm too harried today to check, in fact I'm not really here at this moment)... I've tried to figure out how the blue sky was printed in, with no other sky tone, and decided that there were likely 2 negatives, either one positive & one negative, of one much contrastier than the other....

Any info?

J.