U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Yes, I said the same thing myself, earlier in the thread. But that doesn't explain why a print that should be deep blue with black trees and a yellow moon is shown on the museum's website as overall brown with just a faint touch of blue in the sky. Maybe they've just got it totally wrong, which is why I was joking that Judy should go up to the Met and see if she can ascertain for herself whether the print has actually faded that much.

I think I'm done here; I'm getting tired of repeating myself to people who can't bother to read the thread.
kt