U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: extending palladium coating solution...?

RE: extending palladium coating solution...?

Paul, I haven't read the addendix to which you refer but for years the
subtle use of distilled water in the brush has been a part of almost every
successful coating I have seen. It is a part of the "secret" sauce of
printing. The how hard to shake the brush after a rinse with distilled
water, how "dry" do I make my paper with proper humidification or
desiccation prior to coating to make it work.

A thinner coating can produce a weak black, so if you use that as a guide
you can dilute to your eyes content. Or your spectro that some may dig into
to measure their Dmax.

Eric

Eric Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9