U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Anyone did gum on Forex before?

Re: Anyone did gum on Forex before?

Hi Gordon,

In my understanding, chemically, they're the same (polystryrene). But
physically/mechanically, they're pretty different: forex is pretty hard
(and brittle) whereas standard foamcore (as I know it) is soft and
elastic.

Gatorboard is very different than Forex. Forex surface is special, very
different than the core - despite being the same material.

Foamcore with aluminum face is similar to dibond, but in dibond the core
consist of polyethylene (pretty hard, compared to ->) not polystryrene.

Will try to prime the surface with "Pollmeier -> Thijs Beer / Silicate
Formula" tonight and see if it becomes printable that way. If yes, I'll be
most happy!

28 Mart 2009, Cumartesi, 10:52 pm tarihinde, Gordon J. Holtslander yazmış: